Wednesday, February 22, 2012

New Acrylic Painting


This is my new Acrylic Painting, called, "San Jacinto" titled after the song of the same name by Peter Gabriel. This painting is the front piece to my new Altered Book which illustrates the song, San Jacinto. Each designed page portrays one line of the lyrics in the song.

The song is about Native Americans and the impact of their lives today. The theme is "hold the line" which I understand to mean how the Native Americans "HOLD" onto their customs and culture as the modern American culture changes their land and their environment around them.

"I hold the line...the line of strength that pulls me through the fear..."

This Altered Book is my favorite of the four Altered Books I have created and I hope when I finish it to have Mr. Peter Gabriel look upon its pages with pride and admiration!!

No comments:

Post a Comment