Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Rocky Mountain Bighorn Duo

I finished the Rocky Mountain Bighorn Duo watercolor painting. Here are some of the photos of the progress. I am also about a third of the way through the large 22x30 Arabian Oryx ink piece. Next month at this time I will be on my way to Kenya and the Masai Mara, the Great Rift Valley and watching Wildebeasts and Zebras in their great migration. I think I am more excited about Africa than I was last year going to Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands. Speaking of Zebras I am now also working on a pair of rival zebras fighting-also a watercolor painting. For those of you on Facebook you can always see much more art on my Doug Hiser Artist page. Yesterday I took a group along one of the trails in Seabrook along the Gulf Coast Birding trail. It was a very rewarding trip encountering, beautiful close up observations of Little Green Herons, Snowys, White egrets, Blue herons, red shouldered hawks, black vultures, white ibis, and many more species! A tiny birder's paradise lies along that trail along the coastal waters. Thanks everyone for tuning in and save a bird, save a tree, save a piece of land, and save our planet's best resource: Wild Nature. Doug Hiser

1 comment: