Monday, January 14, 2013

2013 A NEW YEAR for ART!

As I write this I am back teaching the 2nd semester of High School Art Students and almost TOO busy to ever get any of my own artwork accomplished. The Visual Arts Scholastic Event is coming up for my students in 3 weeks and I will be totally embroiled in preparations for the event up until that time.*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************With that explained I'll share the last few paintings I completed in December and the new one I finished today. This new one, an american Kestral, which I used to call a "Sparrow Hawk" I used a technique I just invented and I sort of like the way it turned out. I used a blue-black BIC pen and Derwent color pencils. It almost has a metallic strong finish to it. Kind of like a Heavy Metal Little Hawk! **********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************Those who follow on Facebook might have seen the Mara Hippo or the Barn Owl and maybe even the steps in the other hawk. During the holidays I had some ups and downs, mostly ups-seeing my daughter and son come home and spending time with my family. I did spend some time out in nature and had some really great encounters with local wildlife. I spent about 20 minutes only a few yards away from the most beautiful Loggerhead Shrike I have ever seen. That bird was not even afraid of me-and I didn't have my camera! I also got to watch two White-tailed Kites flying above a lake for some time. I have been having visits from three Pied-billed Grebes here on the bayou in my backyard this winter-seems like they show up every year at this time. I also have had plenty of Kingfisher visits and lately brown pelicans have been cruising down the bayou. ************************************************************************************************The Art Show season has been slow lately but in a few months the Springtime will pick it back up! One last thing My 2 bestsellers, The Honey Bee Girl and Montana Mist keep on finding their way into the reading public with the help of many good reviews showing up on Amazon.com. Now if you haven't discovered my FAVORITE Book that I have written, Tropical Calypso, order one today! AND stay tuned I'll soon be announcing when my new book will be ready for sale, Ten Secrets of Love! Thanks for staying with me, Doug Hiser

No comments:

Post a Comment