Thursday, March 19, 2015

2015 Spring Art /shows !

I survived my ruptured biceps surgery and I am 12 weeks post op- and ahead of schedule.  My arm gets stronger each week and I am now working out harder to bring it back to full capacity.  The Spring Art Season is here. Since i injured my right arm I could not do art for many weeks and it was sort of depressing!


I turned down a couple of art walks and shows because teaching and coaching has become too busy.  I would like to congratulate my fantastic High School Art Students on their amazing 25 GOLD MEDALS at the Visual Art Scholastic Event-our most ever!!  It was an exciting ART DAY and it is so much work but I love to see their pride and excitement when they get medals for all their hard work and dedication!  I truly do LOVE my ART KIDS-I appreciate their loyalty and their passion for Art!  This weekend I will take about 20 of my medal winners to the Bayou City Art Festival and they love going there and meeting all the working artists and checking out their techniques.

Some other NEWS is the TWO Murals produced by my team of students:  The juniors completed a 30 slat section of fence to be installed outside our school featuring "the scream" "the Girl with the Pearl Earring" Melting Clocks-aka-Persistence of Memory" and "Starry Night" and our school Cougar mascot!

The Seniors are working on a hall mural containing 22 master paintings from our Art History studies: featuring Dali, Frida Kahlo, O'keeffe, Frazetta, Michael Parkes, Durer, Van Gogh, Vermeer, Las Caux, Keane, Da Vinci, and many more.  We should be finished within a couple of more weeks!

I'll be coaching Girls soccer with my wife, Gayln, next month- we coached the team a few years ago and it was very successful and rewarding!

I have 4 pieces of ART in the N.S.A. show this weekend and will be entering 3 more pieces in the Mainland Art Show April 4th.  Thanks for reading my blog!  Doug Hiser www.Doughiser.com







2 comments: