Sunday, January 31, 2016

Mid-Winter and Spring Art 2016



Gayln and I have had numerous excursions photographing birds and hiking the nature trails and wildlife refuges --the only places left where animals can survive in our crowded Houston Galveston development hell of an area with spreading concrete like a virus and the elimination of trees and vegetation like a giant razor shaving the land.  We are so looking forward to returning to Africa, Tanzania, this summer.

We have had amazing experiences with our native birds, spoonbills, pelicans, ospreys, and kingfishers to name a few but my favorite encounter was a few weeks ago when we surprised a couple of HUGE shaggy Feral Wild Boars in the Brazoria Wildlife Refuge.  It was like spotting prehistoric mammals.  Such a surreal experience to look into the clearing about fifty yards away and see those monsters.  the ran quickly into the shrubs and disappeared almost as if they were ghosts from the ice age.

My new 2016 book, TEN SECRETS OF LOVE available on Amazon.com is getting great reviews and I am so glad it finally made it into print after a long up and down campaign over theme and many cover changes.  If you have read it or any of my other books I want to thank you and I appreciate your readership.  Raise your hand if you have read all of my books.  Oh, I see Gayln in the back there raising her hand.

2015 was an amazing year especially with the arrival of my grand baby, Finlie Faith.  She is growing like a tadpole losing her tail and crawling around getting ready to walk!

The ON THE WING Art Show in Galveston was a success with my Kookaburras painting and Reddish Egret making the gallery and the egret SOLD.  Finished work on a couple of commissions and painted a Sci-Fi book Cover just released on Amazon.

The Conroe Art Show is coming in March and I am honored to have been selected to Judge the Art Show.  It is a big responsibility and I promise to do my best to reward the hard work of the many artists that are competing.  Later in the Spring I look forward to entering my Peacock painting into a few shows-hoping for the best.  

In two weeks the most exciting event is almost here: Visual Arts Scholastic Event VASE, where 40 of my students will be trying to win Gold medals for their hard work on their art projects!  I am so EXCITED for them!  It is a BIG day in their lives and the sense of accomplishment carries forward giving them confidence to try new things and stretch their abilities in life!

There is so many other events and shows on the agenda but let's just worry about them as they come ...looking forward to a busy and productive next two months! 




8 comments: