Sunday, April 22, 2012

MAY ART NEWS




Home from a nice sunny weekend in Georgetown and Austin. The coming week should be sunny great Spring weather. Next weekend I am honored to be judging ART at the International Festival in Houston!
I have too many irons in the fire as usual but as long as Art and Nature are involved I'm right there in the thick of it. Yesterday I got to witness an amazing sight as a big red tailed hawk dived down and landed on a rodent of unknown species and now only dinner for hawks!
May 18th is the Texas LSAG State Art Convention and I am looking forward to the competition and the big show. AS far as my own plans for art projects I have quite a few in progress: The stick and wire sea sculptures-the dolphin, sea turtle, and fish are finished except for their stands, the Whale Girl is ready for her framing-these two pieces are going in an upcoming show.
The Bighorn Duo is ready and mounted to be painted, and the Arabian Oryx ink is sketched out and preliminary oryx drawings are done.
Here is some of the art of the Wading bird chart: Thanks for reading --Doug Hiser

1 comment: