Monday, June 25, 2012

INK BIRD WORK

Hello everyone, I'm back to what I love ink and birds. These two ink works are interesting birds, the Shjort Eared Owl, and a wren. The wren, a tiny bird which always seems to like to nest in one of our hanging baskets near my dove habitat is an exciting and dramaticly quick bird. The short eared owl is an awesome predator and why did they let ornithologist's name them. "short eared" kind of a weird name for an owl. I am missing the weeks in the Africa landscape, with elephants and giraffes moving about. I am back to writing on my newest novel, The Island of the Moalo Komo, my goal is 1000 words daily. I just finished a rewrite and reread of the first 45 pages. I know i will go back to Africa someday. I dream of the animals and the land every night since i came home. I will also start African animal art very soon working from our many reference photos. Enjoy your summer my friends! Doug Hiser

No comments:

Post a Comment