Saturday, June 2, 2012

JAGUAR on the ROCKS

School if finally out for the Summer! My first piece of summer is a reminder of our trip to Costa Rica, even though we didn't get to see a wild jaguar it was something i was always on the lookout for. I used some zoo pics for a reference and the river inspiration came from some of our photos and mostly is from my imagination anyway. I scanned often while working on this piece and it was difficult because it is so small, only 8 x 10. It is very hard to get much detail in my jaguar at that tiny size and used my magnifying glasses. I hope you like the composition. In three more days we will be off the grid until June 17th, on our way to Kenya, Africa. I am excited to go, nervous to go, anxious to go, wondering about going off to the dark unknown continent, into a mysterious land of strange people and wildlife. One friend of ours told me yesterday that my biggest expense is not our plane tickets...he said our biggest expense will be all the art supplies (paint) for when I get back so inspired by the amazing wildlife of AFRICA! See you guys when i get back! Thanks for all the support! Doug Hiser

No comments:

Post a Comment