Thursday, February 14, 2013

Spring Art Shows are COMING!!

I know it is only February BUT March seems closer than ever! I have Art shows lined up March 23, March 30, April 11, April 29, State VASE for my student's April 5-6 in Bryan College station. SO I have been producing pieces for these shows and planning our big summer trip to the Brazilian Pantanal -hopefully-anticipating Jaguars, Giant River Otters, Giant anteaters, Maned Wolves, Tyras, Storks, Caiman, Anacondas, Howler Monkeys, Ocelots, maybe even a Margay?!?! _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________I just finished the Mara Elephant ink piece, almost finished with Maggie Gray's professional Wildlife photograph of a Rhino and i added the baby Rhino, added the newly repainted Margay detail painting and finally i got a beautiful scan of my Arabian Oryx painting-which is very large!--And last week Famous Wood Sculptor Tree Artist JIM PHILLIPS visited my Art Classes and Demonstrated carving out a sea turtle ALL DAY LONG with chainsaws and other instruments of carving! He was a huge success for my students who garnered autographs on pieces of carved out wood! Thank you JIM!_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________One bad thing about Spring Art Season is that it is also SOCCER season! and those TWO EVENTS always Conflict with ME! With me playing Soccer games on weekends and having Art Events---Art has slowly been winning that war as each year I get Older! I look forward to sharing good news after all these art shows so I'll cross my fingers and rub a rabbit's foot for luck as these next few months come upon us!______________________THANK you FOR READING and SHARING my WORDS AND ART! __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________D O U G H I S E R

No comments:

Post a Comment