Wednesday, December 28, 2016

2017 Art and Animals

2017 will be the busiest year yet.  After the last 6 months of 2016 I cannot even anticipate how much more will be asked of me as an artist, a teacher, a mentor, a guide, an art judge, an artist, a conservationist, a naturalist, a role model, a father and grandfather.
After a lengthy meeting today with the Armand Bayou Nature Center I'm looking at a lecture and animal art show featuring a huge exhibition of my animal art sometime late April, early May.  
This month, January, I will be judging the Galveston Winter Art Show and speaking and critiquing.  Next month in February, my students will be excited as we enter into the Visual Arts Scholastic Event and a possible mural of sea life for the Houston Zoo.  As of today, I do not know yet, but maybe I'll be painting a seven foot tall for mermaid for the city of San Marcos.
At HGA I will be in charge of the large African Elephant wall mural that will eventually find its way to the zoo.  Also in February We will have a guest violinist play in my classroom while my advanced students sketch in charcoal and pastel. 
March 2017 is the Museum of Fine Arts Youth Art Show in the Tomball / Spring area of which I am one of three judges and I'm sure it will be an amazing and challenging art show.
The BIG NEWS is our Spring Break SAFARI to NEPAL, land of tigers, rhinos and elephants...not to mention the awesome giant hornbill.  
So I finished the Grant request for my ART CAMP for High School Artists coming this June 2017 and hopefully we get approved to provide an amazing nature and art filled week of experiences for 30 Art students.
I left out all of the little events and happenings because they're are just too many -just know that I am out there in nature and teaching students to love our environment and the animals in it along with the amazing world of art.




2 comments:

  1. Let this be OUR catalyst:

    'The more you shall honor Me,
    the more I shall bless you'
    -the Infant Jesus of Prague
    (<- Czech Republic, next to Russia)

    So, love him or leave him,
    we best lissen to the Don.
    And why? you might ask.
    If you deny o'er-the-Hillary's evil,
    which most whorizontal demokrakkrs do,
    you cannot deny Hellfire
    which YOU send YOURSELF to.

    God bless your indelible soul, earthling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let this be OUR catalyst:

    'The more you shall honor Me,
    the more I shall bless you'
    -the Infant Jesus of Prague
    (<- Czech Republic, next to Russia)

    So, love him or leave him,
    we best lissen to the Don.
    And why? you might ask.
    If you deny o'er-the-Hillary's evil,
    which most whorizontal demokrakkrs do,
    you cannot deny Hellfire
    which YOU send YOURSELF to.

    God bless your indelible soul, earthling.

    ReplyDelete