Sunday, January 29, 2017

2017 The Year of Art and Animals!!

We are here --2017--and we are busy, busy.

Last week I lectured and did a demo on my unusual style of animal art at the NorthWest Art League in Spring.
Next week I will be judging the Galveston Professional Winter Art Show and critiquing the art on Feb 4th from 6 to 8pm.
I continue to work on organizing and finishing up on pieces from Africa for my next SOLO Art Show at Armand Bayou Nature Center at the end of April.
My High School Art students have many projects and events coming up as we prepare for competition and work on murals, including our square by square lifesize elephant acrylic painting.  We also have a few field trips planned, Crocodile Encounters, Bayou City Art Fest, Kayaking, Brazos Bend park for birding photos, while we have many events to try and raise money for our Africa trip in 2018.

In march Gayln and I will be journeying on a safari on elephant back to Nepal, home to rhinos, gaur, red pandas, leopards, and tigers.  Once back we have very little time to return to teaching school and then I judge the Pearl Fincher MFA Art Show.

In April is also the NSA Spring Art Show, the Texas City Art Festival,  and the Earth Air Fire Water—Finding God in Nature Art Show.

The season is here and I try and stay awake as I guide my student artists into a great future.  Thanks for reading my words, Doug Hiser






1 comment: