Sunday, March 31, 2019

Winter-Spring 2019 Hiser Art Studios

Spring is approaching with Bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrushes flowers blooming.  My favorite time of year.  This year has been the busiest for me judging more art shows than usual, about one good show a month.  
My High School Art Students exceeded my expectations by winning 48 Gold medals at the Visual Art Scholastic Event competing this year with 2/3 of the entries by freshman Art Ones.  We also have FOUR State qualifiers, one from each grade, 9,10,11,12.  Proud of those dedicated students.
I began the commission for the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Boot Sculpture back in November and delivered it to NRG stadium where it was installed for the greatest rodeo on the planet.  My six foot tall golden boot was painted with sixteen rodeo bulls portraits and was seen by millions of rodeo fans across the globe.
This year, 2019, I have taught two workshops, and a couple of demos and speaking presentations but the busiest times have come from all the dozens of murals my students and I have been working on-too many to list here.
This Spring there are many larger art show coming up and I have eight art pieces qualified for the National Art Show in May.
I finished editing and creating two new covers for my epic fantasy novel THE MIDNIGHT JUNGLE-which should be published this year.
During Spring Break Gayln and I traveled to the Hill Country of Texas, Mountain Home, Kerrville, San Marcos, and spend a few days exploring and hiking the area of the Y. O. Ranch.  Exotics species were everywhere and we enjoyed our adventures with swans, longhorns, buffalo, kudu, oryx, nilgai, and many more, including a rare white buffalo.  Quintana and the Brazoria and San Bernard wildlife refuges were frequent journeys for us photographing birds, alligators and sandhill cranes. 
Recently my birder girl, Natalie and her sister, Mel, had a long day of disappointing nature when we found out the Baytown Nature Center was closed do to the fire and spill nearby and we ended up exploring Sheldon Lake which seemed to only be a place filled with bullfrogs and very few birds.
The highlight of our nature hiking was when Galyn and I spotted two bobcats at Brazoria and captured many photos, Gayln's first ever bobcat wild sighting!  





No comments:

Post a Comment