Monday, July 16, 2012

Lion Cubs Painting

Hello friends! CLear Lake Art Walk was a good experience for my Art Sales! Sold the large elephants painting 24 x 36, sold the large Winter Fox painting which took 3rd place in the Houston Society of Artists show last May, Sold every Pelican painting I had, Sold the new Blue Heron, a panda, and many more. ############################################ Later that night we visited with many of our Artist Friends at the highly successful Galveston ArtWalk. SO many people were viewing, networking, and buying artwork. We had such a good night and topped it off with a chocolate malt on the Strand. #################################################################### I have been writing more and more on my latest novel and sharing paragraphs on Facebook. I work on two and three pieces of art each day during these summer months. I have so many paintings planned already I feel sort of overwhelmed. Just finished the tundra swans and the lion cubs and Topi antelope while steadily working on the huge triptych Kenya wildlife landscape. Planning my Art classes for HS that will start sooner than we're all ready for. We'll be entering a brand new HS building this year and I have to write curriculum for Art I, Art II and Art III. #############################3 Latest news is my award of the Distinguished Alumni Award for 2012 at UHCL. I have completed my portrait photo to be hung in the Bayou building and turned in my ring size! I am so humbled and honored to be included in such a great university for all time. I still feel so special. VOted on by my peers in the Alumni Association.. :) Enjoy the rest of the summer, here in Texas it is only 100 degrees everyday! DOUG HISER

No comments:

Post a Comment