Thursday, July 19, 2012

Summer is fading fast!

That is right my friends! Summer is fading fast but of course the Super HOT TEXAS heat isn't! This week we braved swarms of militant mosquitos to journey to the Egret, Heron and Spoonbill rookery at High Island, Texas. Gayln got many great shots of the many varieties of birds that nest and live there, along with a few big hungry alligators too. I will be painting some more of those birds in the near future, but right now I'm working on the triptych of Kenya, featuring: Wildebeasts, Zebras, Impalas, elephants, and Baboons. I am also currently working on a larger painting of a baby African elephant surrounded by his protective herd. Here are some works in progress: I hope you like them and forward my blog to other nature lovers! Doug Hiser

No comments:

Post a Comment