Sunday, September 16, 2012

Book Festivals -a great place for ART and BOOKS!

It has been a WILD 2 Weekends of signing my books and selling my ART!..........................................................................................First in Tyler at the East Texas Book Fest and then last weekend in Giddings, Texas at the 7th Annual Word Wrangler Festival. I have to tell you that NOBODY takes better care of their invited AUTHORS than the people in the CITY of GIDDINGS!======================================================================================Funny story that happened to me Thursday night! I left the author banquet and headed to my hotel-The Ramamda Inn-which i had already stopped by on the way into town and picked up my key. SO I go to my hotel and park in front of my room # 123 and get out and -DANG it --my key won't open the hotel room door! SO-- i start to walk around front to the OFFICE- after trying the key numerous times! When i get to the front I look up at the sign-EXECUTIVE INN--OOPS! I am at the wrong hotel-no wonder my key doesn't work! the two hotels both have red signs and are very close to each other- I bet I'm not the first person to do this!!I felt like an idiot!! HA HA! ....................................................................................................................................................................................I read one of my all time favorite short stories to the students from the local schools, "The Woodville Monster" which I know so well I don't even have to read I end up telling the story and being very dramatic instead of reading!! Kids love scary funny stories!! I love speaking to students about great books and the wonderful world of reading--GIVE me my soapbox and I tell them how I started reading and WHY they all should NOT MISS OUT on reading all the great books out there!! I talked about Journey to the Center of the EArth, Old Yeller, the TARZAn books, Rudyard Kipling and on and on....The students like all the animal art and the occasional superhero art I have and how many times did i hear from the little ones, "You are a very good drawer." SO instead of an artist i should just say I am a professional DRAW-ER!"..................................................................................................................................................................................I am proud to have sold the "GREEN SEA TURTLE" painting there too! Good sales and I only returned with about half of all the prints I brought and books sales were great. Now is the time for restocking my art prints and getting more mats and organizing everything for ARTSTOBERFEST in Galveston!! The BIG ART fest! I am so looking forward to 30,000 people in 2 days on the ISLAND looking at the ART FEST! I LOVE meeting people that love ART, the conversations alone are worth the weekend
osetting up and staying outside in my tent all day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment