Saturday, September 1, 2012

Another SKetchbook filled up!

Summer is slowly ending and with the start of the new school year my sketchbooks have been getting increasing use! Planning the school year, teaching three different levels of Art is a challenge, and then I still try to find time for working out at the gym daily, playing soccer, and squeezing in somewhere time for my OWN ARTWORK!- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Recent work, The Kenya Tryptich, the Baby Mara Elephant, and the Colorado Bighorn Ram are ALL hanging in the Gallery at the Brazosport Center for the ARTS at Brazosport college until the end of September. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - September 8th I will be one of the Featured Artists for the 2nd year at the EAST TEXAS BOOK FEST at the university of Texas Tyler. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - September 14th The 7th Annual Word Wrangler festival featuring Texas authors beckons and I will be there for my 6th year in a row!! I love that FESTIVAL!! - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - OCtober 6th! My special night!! I am extremely excited and honored to attend the University of Houston CL ALumni Awards Banquet at SPace Center Houston. I will be receiving the award for Distinguished ALumni UHCL. The emotion I am feeling and the anticipation of making my parents and family proud is so amazing! - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - October 21st weekend--I PASSED THE aRT JURY INSPECTION!! AND WILL BE ONE OF THE artists FEATURED AT ARTOBERFEST in GALVESTON!! YAY over 30,000 art lovers and buyers attend this fabulous weekend on Galveston Island! - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Here are some recent sketchbook pages and the partial watercolor painting of the Arabian Oryx underway - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Signup to follow my blog or follow me on facebook--or just stay in touch, read my books, enjoy my art creations it is so wondefful to have friends along for the ride. :) Thank you ALL, Doug Hiser

No comments:

Post a Comment