Thursday, September 27, 2012

I Think I LIKE Wading BIRDS better than ALL the REST

Even as a kid, I was always drawing and watching those slender graceful wading birds. I loved the magnificent Great Blue Herons that would rise up from the creek, startled by me making too much noise chasing a snapping turtle. I would watch, astounded, as the big dark wings beat the air and that long neck and beak reminding me of some prehistoric pterodactyl as the beautiful large bird flapped down the waterway and landed a safe distance from my intrusive presence........................................................................................So that is one reason why i love their mystery and their impressive beauty. I keep coming back to drawing, painting, and creating art of the wading birds, the herons, the egrets, storks, cranes, and even flamingos.......................................................................................Here are the tedious steps using color pencil layering to create one of the most beautiful slender necked waders, The Tri-Colored Heron, frequently seen right here along the Dickinson Bayou on the Gulf Coast of Texas...........................................................................................Enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........Other news: The Awards Banquet for my Distinguished Alumni Award at Space Center Houston is Coming up, October 6th! I am nervous, to receive such a honorable award. .................................................................................................ALso in October is the fabulous Art FEstival on Galveston Island attracting close to 30,000 people, ARTSTOBERFEST. I will have my booth tent with TONS of my wildlife prints and art on display for SALE. COme on out to the festival and visit with me. Thanks for tuning in, DOUG HISER

No comments:

Post a Comment