Sunday, October 7, 2012

October 2012 a month to reflect

Hello, my friends and fans,---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I have hadsuch an emotional month so far and a very busy one too. The UHCL award night was so special to have my family and friends around me when I was awarded Distinguished ALumni of UHCL. President Staples explained that UHCL has graduated over 54,000 students and to receive this honor was overwhelming. I began my acceptance speech by saying, "I am just a country boy from Santa Fe, Texas, growing up catching snakes and turtles."-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------That is so true. Here I was at Space Center Houston where everyone donned a black tie and the women wore beautiful dresses and I felt so out of place among such recognized people. When I look back at the photos of the night I realize that in my suit no one could tell that i am really just Tarzan cleaned up.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------When the Associate President of the University spoke about me he also told everyone that I was Tarzan and a passionate man about nature and conservation and animals and LOVED to create my animal art with bright powerful colors and that each painting tells a story of how I see the world. He said that he has never met a person who is interested in so many things and has so much energy and love of the life around us and his family.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Enough about that night --all those words and emotions made me flow tears so much-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------SO-the next day I went back to doing what I do-creating art. I hope everyone enjoys what I bring to life with pen and paint.-------------------------------------------------My upcoming schedule: October 20-21-Galveston ArtoberFest two days of the biggest ART FEST and I'll be featuring hundreds of my animal ART.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------October 26-27 SEABROOK Festival of the ARTS-----------------------------------------NOvember 10 Santa Fe Heritage FESTIVAL----------------------------------------------November 17 San Antonio TxArtsEA COnference

No comments:

Post a Comment