Saturday, March 24, 2012

Houston Art Show!



Beautiful Friday and Saturday-Friday at the Bayou CIty Art Festival was wonderful-and I got to talk to many of my old "long time no see artist friends." I brought a group of students-Art CLub- from ym school and they loved the experience. The artists at the festival took the time to show my students techniques and info on how they had made their art. It was a great experience learning and observing!
Saturday I entered 4 Art pieces into the Houston Art Society show to try and qualify for the May State COnvention Art show in May and was surpirsed to find that all 4 pieces won awards and qualified for the State Show!
The pieces were: "Lone Bull"-my big 24 x 36 elephant, "winter fox" watercolor-(which I wasn't even going to bring but my wife loves it so she talked me into it), "San Jacinto"-my altered book, and my ink piece "Nature's Angel."
It was a long two days of art shows and now I just want to rest -well-after i get this ink "Cougar-mountain lion" for U of Houston matted and framed for their Breast Cancer charity auction.

1 comment: